AirDrop is one of the quickest and easiest ways to transfer files between macOS and iOS devices. If you frequently use AirDrop on the Mac, you may appreciate having rapid access to AirDrop by having it readily available from the Dock of macOS.
By using a little file system trick, you can gain direct access to AirDrop through the Mac Dock, rather than having to use the Finder to navigate to the file sharing feature. This guide will walk through how to set that up on Mac.
- Open the Finder of macOS
- select the Search bar
- Type in “Finder” and hit return to search
- Make sure to select “This Mac” in the search area option near the top
- Right-click the Finder icon and select “Show Package Contents“
- Navigate through “Contents” and “Applications“ to see “AirDrop”
- Drag “AirDrop” down to the Dock