Apple has officially released iOS 11.2.5 and it delivers a short list of changes including support for the upcoming HomePod speaker.
The chaiOS bug that we reported on last week has also been addressed in 11.2.5. The update additionally fixes several other issues and defends against malicious code execution in the operating system.
If you’re in the US, UK or Australia, you can get a briefing from a slew of local sources, such as NPR and the Washington Post in the states or the BBC and Sky News in the UK. And it doesn’t have to be general news, either — you can ask for business, music or sports news as well.
11.2.5 is also key to unlocking support for the HomePod speaker. If you happen to score Apple’s Siri-savvy device, you can set it up and transfer all your account details in one fell swoop.
The update also includes many fixes on the backend including:
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
- Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
- Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
- Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
- Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level