You may want to delete songs you don’t like as you’re listening to them or clear out some space and make room for new tunes. Follow this simple step-by-step guide on how to delete your music in iPhone.
1. Delete music through the music app
a. Deleting albums
- Open the Music app.
- Go to Albums, and then tap the album you want to delete to open it.
- Tap the red circle icon.
- Select Remove in the pop up menu.
b. Deleting individual songs
- Open the Music app, and go to Songs.
- Select the song that you want to remove. It will start playing.
- Tap the song at the bottom, and a pop up menu will open.
- Tap the icon that looks like three red dots.
- In the pop up menu, select Delete from Library.
2. Deleting music through Settings
a. Deleting through Music Settings
- Open Settings, and scroll down to Music.
- Once you’re in the Music settings, tap Downloaded Music.
- Tap Edit in the top right hand corner.
- Now you see the red minus signs to delete. You can choose to delete All Songs, or you can choose individual songs.
b. Deleting through Storage & iCloud Usage Settings
- Open Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Under the Storage section, tap Manage Storage.
- Scroll down to Music.
- Tap Edit in the top right hand corner, and you can now choose to delete All Songs, or individual songs, by tapping the red minus sign.