One of the scariest things is losing all our contacts when we try to change the iPhone or sync data to cloud/backup. Like this lots of reason may cause deletion of contact data sometimes accidentally, sometimes beyond our power. If that happens, do you know how to recover it? Thankfully, you only need to use iCloud to do so.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your aforementioned Apple ID and password.
- Once signed in, click the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section and click Restore Contacts.
- You’ll be shown a list of previously made archives. Find the date of an archive that should still have your contacts list intact and click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm and begin the restoration process. Once it’s done, an email will be sent to the address tied to your Apple ID.
It should be noted that doing this will replace the contacts currently on your iPhone, as opposed to just adding the ones that are missing. If you added new contacts prior to this process, they’ll be lost. Thankfully, your current contacts list will be archived before the restore is applied, so you can retrieve them following these same steps.